•Time: 50 minutes
•½ tbsp of olive oil
•1 onion, chopped
•2 skinless chicken breasts
•10 mushrooms, sliced
•2 x 400g cans of chopped tomatoes
•2 tsp dried Italian herbs
•2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
•freshly ground black pepper
•210g dry pasta
•fresh basil to garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC or gas mark 4.
2. Gently fry the onions in a little olive oil for about five minutes.
3. Then put the mushrooms and all other ingredients (apart from the pasta) into an ovenproof dish, mix thoroughly and bake in the oven for 40 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
4. Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the packet instructions.
5. Serve the chicken with the pasta and garnish with fresh basil.
•Raw meat often has surface bacteria. If cooking raw meat keep it away from all ready to eat foods (bread, fruit etc.) and thoroughly wash your hands, surfaces, utensils and chopping boards before and after preparing food and handling raw meat.
•Wash or peel raw vegetables before use, as this will help clean them and remove any harmful bacteria that might be on the outside
•Leftovers can be kept in the fridge (for up to two days) or frozen. If freezing food, freeze it immediately. Do not refreeze defrosted food.
•When reheating, always make sure that the dish is steaming hot all the way through before serving.
•Never reheat food more than once.
Recipe courtesy of NHS Choices: http://www.nhs.uk